1) The “ALL-CAPS: ad. Seriously. I can read a newspaper at the bottom of swimming pool better than I can read all capitalized text. Be prepared for a lot of “I don’t know how this works” and “I don’t know where the part is for that” answers. Because nothing says quality like GINORMOUS WORDS!!!!
2) The “NO-Early Birds” ad. Oh their stuff is good. Too good. So good that they would rather haul all their good stuff back into the garage at the end of the day than see your “brighteyedandbushytailed” money buy it. Plus, its fun to have a set time to start. It’s like playing “store”.
3) The Jokey-Joke ad. Oh this person is FUN-NEE! From their “Heck, I might even pay you to take it!” to the hysterical “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure!”….this sale is not…going…to..be…good. As in “LOL not good”.
4) The Minimalistic ad. Date. Time. Address. = One card table with Hot Wheels.
5) The Perpetual ad. This sale happens every week. They don’t even try to change up the wording. Unless something blows over from the neighbor’s yard…expect the same ol’ tired stuff each time.
6) The Mr. Bossy-boss ad. You don’t even know what they are selling, where it is, or what time it starts. BUT you do know not to park on the street, ring the bell, or look their dog directly in the eye. Expect to find everything priced FIRM…lamps, toys…..toothbrushes. They aren’t messin’ around here folks. Stay focused…. and off the lawn.
7) The Super Secret Spy ad. You have to call for the address, ask for the passcode to the security gate, and then go around to the back of condominium to get to the
hideout sale. Chances are you’ll find a kindly woman sitting in her living room with cup of coffee and seemingly nothing to offer….except the ability to kill two hours of your time.
What ads do you avoid?